Arthur D. Little’s digital and information management solutions help companies successfully maximize digital benefits and optimize all aspects of their information technology.
We serve clients in all industries and among all relevant pillars of information management:
- Digital Value: Assessing, improving and managing the business value proposition of IT
- IT as Business (and Digitalization) Enabler: Using technology as a powerful enabler of business, allowing new businesses and process automation/digitalization
- Digital Operating Model: Transforming companies and legacy towards a high-performing organization, governed by a tailored operating and IT governance model
- Digital Architectures: Transforming the system landscape into a flexible network of effective and efficient systems, and helping to fix the basics
At Arthur D. Little, our Information Management experts can help you address a wide range of IT challenges.
- IT strategy
- Strategy experience
- Co-management experience
- IT governance
- IT governance experience
As your business develops, so do its IT needs. Taking your business strategy, market and wider technology trends as our starting point, we develop an IT roadmap, IT architectures and resources planning to allow you to control your IT as your business moves forward. We enable you to:
- Align your business and its IT, according to your company’s desired IT capabilities
- Realize synergies in IT following a merger
- Prepare the IT landscape to provide better support for cross-border business processes, or establish a shared services center
- Make the right choice regarding future IT-platform technology
- Define the right level of outsourcing and select appropriate partners
- Plan the implementation of change and define an appropriate roadmap.
Our previous experience in this field includes:
- IT strategy for a major German energy supplier in response to the liberalization of the energy market
- IT development planning for the telecommunications division of a high-tech company
- Selection of an ERP software package for the international affiliates of a leading metal producer
- Defining an IT strategy and requirements for a plant engineering company
The success of an IT strategy is clearly visible in its implementation – and implementing a complex IT program requires professional project management.
We provide limited-duration project management to ensure that project goals are realized, quality targets are achieved and project costs remain within budget.
Our services focus on:
- Company-wide, multi-project management
- Management of complex IT projects
- Project audits and project turnaround
- Set-up and introduction of IT-project controls.
- Roll-out of product data management (PDM) at a large turbo-machinery firm
- Launch of multi-project management for the sales/distribution division of an energy supplier
- Set-up and launch of IT program management in marketing/sales for a car-maker
- Co-management of numerous IT projects in a major transport and logistics group
- Co-management of the post-merger integration of two internet-service providers.
It is often necessary to realign governance rules and processes to ensure that business units’ IT requirements are met. In many organizations, task and skill profiles do not match up, while responsibilities and task distribution are not clearly formulated.
We can help your company refocus its IT organization in the classic hot spots:
- Group IT organization and governance
- Optimization of IT control processes
- Performance and value measurement
IT governance experience
- Introduction of IT platform management to reduce complexity at a leading transportation group
- Streamlining of IT organizational structures and launch of binding IT planning and control processes for a leading airline
- Development and implementation of new IT governance for a large European truck and engine manufacturer
- Introduction of competitive consulting and service processes in a hived-off IT service division at an airline
- Reorganization of IT tasks in response to integration into the parent company’s IT systems for a car-maker